- 1862 -
Stirling County Cricket Club developed from Stirling Cricket Club. The exact date of the foundation of Stirling Cricket Club is unclear but it was certainly in existence in the 1840s. By the 1850s regular matches were played in King's Park and then in the 1860s the club moved to a ground of its own at Livilands and took the name (in c 1862) of the Stirling County Cricket Club. The Stirling Club was the first in Scotland to adopt the county idea based on the English system. In 1877 the Club moved to Williamfield but ten years later it was forced to close due to lack of new members. The Club reopened in 1892 on the same ground and went on to thrive, despite some disruption during the two world wars, and produced some outstanding players.