Prior to 1845, most local administration was provided by the kirk session of each parish. Details of this may be found in the minutes and accounts of the ecclesiastical parishes at CH2/101 for Dunblane and CH2/731 for Lecropt. In 1845 the Poor Law (Scotland) Act set up parochial boards in each ecclesiastical parish in Scotland with a Board of Supervision established in Edinburgh to oversee the administration or relief for the poor. This produced a whole new series of records related to the provision of help for those in need. As well as this function, the parish was also responsible for other aspects of local administration such as recreation grounds, refuse collection and lighting. The Local Government (Scotland) Act of 1894 replaced the parochial boards with parish councils although the system of administration remained broadly the same.
The separate parishes of Dunblane and Lecropt were united in 1898, under Order XXXVIII issued under section 51 of the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1889 and section 46 of the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1894. This created the new joint parish of Dunblane and Lecropt. This means that for the years prior to 1898 there are separate minutes for Dunblane and Lecropt Parochial Boards and Parish Councils covering the same period.
After 1925, care of local burial grounds was transferred to the parish authorities and at this time, all existing pre-1925 lair and burial records were given over to the care of the parish council. The 1929 Local Government (Scotland) Act transferred the functions of the parish councils to the district councils of the local county council. Dunblane & Lecropt Parish fell under the jurisdiction of Perthshire Western District. In 1948, all provision for the poor became the responsibility of the National Assistance Board with the establishment of the Welfare State in that year.