GB 224 ED/BA1
- 2002 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.01 linear metres; 2 pamphlets
Name of creator
Balfron High School grew out of the old Parish School of Balfron. In 1919, the school became an intermediate, or "Higher Grade" school, and additional building was constructed. In 1925, it was upgraded to a full six-year secondary school and the name changed to Balfron High School. For 125 years, the main school buildings were situated on a rather restricted site between Cotton Street and Roman Road. In August 2001, a new building was completed.
The records of Balfron High School were acquired through an internal transfer in 2015.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 224 practices.
System of arrangement
The arrangement of this material reflects the order in which it has been used and received.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Stirling Council Archives abides by the provisions of Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation as it applies to public bodies in Scotland, therefore, access to some material may be restricted.
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to quote and to publish images must be sent to the Council Archivist.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Place access points
Name access points
- Balfron High School (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
ISAD(G), 2nd ed. International Council on Archives
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created by Neil Dickson, Assistant Archivist