Craigs Primary School

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Craigs Primary School

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Craigs Public School
  • Craigs School

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1875 - c. 1981

History

Craigs School opened on Monday 2nd August 1875 and was built on a site in the St Ninians Well Green. The school closed c. 1981 with pupils moving to Riverside Primary School.

Places

Stirling

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Riverside Primary School (1925 -)

Identifier of the related entity

C0094

Category of the relationship

temporal

Type of relationship

Riverside Primary School

is the successor of

Craigs Primary School

Dates of the relationship

c. 1981

Description of relationship

On closure of school pupils were transferred to Riverside Primary School

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

C0088

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

ISAAR(CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families, International Council on Archives (2nd edition, 2003); Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names, National Council on Archives (1997)

Status

Final

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created 03 Jun 2016; updated 14 Sep 2020

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

For information on the opening of the school see;

Stirling Journal – 22/01/1875, p. 4
Stirling Journal – 06/08/1875, p. 2

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places