Graham and Morton

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Graham and Morton

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence

        1830 - c. 1988

        History

        Graham and Morton was one of several family business based on King Street in Stirling. The company began in 1830 in Baker Street, Stirling before moving to King Street a few years later and was still there when the business closed in approximately 1988. It began in ironmongery and then expanded into furniture, house furnishings of all kinds, table and silver ware, tents and marquees, house removals, and motor car sales. They operated a large cabinet and upholstery works on Burghmuir Road, Stirling, and also had a warehouse in Falkirk, during a time when furniture manufacturing was local.

        Places

        Stirling, Stirling
        Falkirk, Falkirk

        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Occupations

        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        C0478

        Institution identifier

        GB224

        Rules and/or conventions used

        ISAAR(CPF): International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families, International Council on Archives (2nd edition, 2003); Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names, National Council on Archives (1997).

        Status

        Draft

        Level of detail

        Partial

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Created 19 Jan 2021

        Language(s)

          Script(s)

            Maintenance notes